Saturday, June 30, 2007

30/06/07 Person Of The Day



hats off to Scottish TV's Dominik Diamond...!






I was watching the pageantry surrounding todays televised opening of the new session of the Scottish Parliament today in Edinburgh.
Dominik Diamond, to my enormous amusement and astonishment, commented live on television that the parade on the Royal Mile to mark the event was "scabby and low rent...!".
I'd have to agree with him...
It was reminiscent of a Gala Day in a hick West Lothian town...
And let me tell you something, I may not know a lot, but what I don't know about Gala Days in hick West Lothian towns isn't worth knowing....
If only this brutal honesty could continue in broadcasting...!
Sadly, STV will be inundated by complaints over Diamond's "graceless" and "insulting" remarks, and he will be effectively barred from live broadcasts of this nature for being a little too much of a loose cannon.
You'd think that in light of the fact that the wole building cost 400 miliion quid, that they'd have a slightly higher tech, spectacular session opening ceremony.
Maybe they're just paranoid about being seen pissing more money away?
It's a shame...
Last night I won the "worst dressed player" award at the annual 5-a-side awards ceremony for the 5th year in a row.
I am very proud...
As is tradition we met in a pub which I would have to describe as "low rent and scabby"....
The inhouse music pumping out the speakers was gruesome...
As I approached the pub, I couldn't help noticing a man standing in the "smoking area" (marked by a parasol and gas heater), was having an al fresco piss...
The downstairs trip to the toilets was obviously a little too daunting a journey for him...
Immediately, one thinks "classy"....
I could find no explanantion amongst the assembled guests of why we go to this pub, other than "we always come here for the awards ceremony"...
Tradition, huh? It's a weird one isn't it....
Let's go somewhere else next year...Please!

No comments: