Monday, June 25, 2007

25/06/07 Art And Things



While I was down in London last week, I checked out the exhibition of graduates work at Goldsmith College.
There was some fantastic stuff on display ; it's really inspirational to see such a concentration of fresh creative talent.
The artist that really caught my eye was Simone Pereira Hind (see above picture)...some great arresting images. See some more here.

Back in Scotland, I had the more sombre task of attending the funeral of an old friend of mine, Kai Davidson
Sadly, I hadn't seen him for ages, but I felt privileged to hear tribute after tribute to him from a range of friends and relatives at a packed crematorium.
He'd obviously touched a lot of people's lives in a very positive way.
I liked the music choices of "Blitzkreig Bop" and "Ace of Spades"...very apt...

I had a good gig at The Stand last night in Glasgow.
Frankie Boyle was headlining and the show was a sellout.
(I'm assuming that's mainly down to Frankie, but who knows...maybe my popularity in weegie land has soared?)
Anyway, I recorded it and will stick it on the web site this week...
It's an interesting exercise..it certainly doesn't sound like how I hear myself doing it...weird...!
I did almost have a fit of giggles in the dressing room at one point.
There was a few of us just sitting there, not talking...with Michael Redmond amongst us with his trademark hangdog expression.
It was uncannily reminiscent of a scene from the Father Ted episode "Entertaining Father Stone".
I didn't mention it though because I'm sure Michael is heartily sick of talking about it.

No comments: