Saturday, December 23, 2006

23/12/2006 Stickin' It To The Man....!






Yesterday, I replaced the window panes that I had to break to get into my flat after locking myself out.
I view the job as a success as there is, as of yet, no sign of the panes falling out.
By doing the job myself I reckon I've saved about 100 quid, plus I feel like a proper man, having done a proper, practical piece of work...
It's a win-win situation...
I know I'm blatantly ignoring the fact that the repair wouldn't have been necessary had I not been a total idiot and actually locked myself out.
But I like to think of myself as a fairly positive person, and I'm not going to let this drawback encroach on my elation.
I managed to get the vast majority of my Xmas shopping done today...and all from one shop...
I'm not sure whether this practice breaks any rules or will generate a steady flow of sarcastic remarks from the recipients of the said gifts, but the one-stop-shop certainly takes a lot of stress out of the joyous activity of Xmas shopping.
I had a certain sympathy for the man in front of me at the checkout queue who waited patiently for 20 minutes only to be told that the particular checkout he was at couldn't do exchanges and he would have to queue up at a different point.
The expression on his face was a picture and I had to struggle manfully to keep a straight face.
Had a enjoyable meal out at a friends house last night.
It was all very tasty, as Dave Reilly would say.
I suppose that literally all that means is that the food has a taste, which you would generally expect to be the case.
Mind you, I had a meal at Tom Hamilton's flat once which was probably the exception that proves the rule.
I will be joining the ranks of the employed on 8th January for 12 weeks as I have successfully attained a glamorous, highly paid contract at a prominent Edinburgh Insurance Company.
It'll be hard to wear a tie again but I need the cash...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Tasty!

It means more taste than normal I suppose...

Welcome back to the land of the Man.

Merry Xmas Jim!! Now I'm off to watch the VERY tasty Girls Aloud...