Sunday, December 17, 2006

16/12/2006 Happy Xmas & A Merry New Year









Here's a nice little snowball game which really reflects the true meaning of Xmas....

Well, I didn't die on my arse at me last two gigs at Heresey and The Stand.
They were ok, but not the bestest...but a generally positive end to 2006, in terms of stand-up outings.
In the last month I have managed to lose 12 pounds, which is nice.
I haven't been on any diet or ought like that, but have been doing a lot of hillwalking...2-3 times a week...!
This is all well and good, but the sad reality is that I will have to climb 2 mountains a week for the rest of my life if I am going to indefinitely maintain my new Slim Jim persona...and Xmas is looming menacingly on the horizon...
Ah, who gives a shit? pass the mince pies missus!
For a few years there has been a Yahoo mailing group in existence, with a membership of people I knew when I was at Stirling University.
However, sparks flew at the weekend, resulting in the group creator (and most frequent poster to the group) deleting the group...! and now it no longer exists...!
The trouble began with an email from a disgruntled member requesting that she be unsubscribed from the group, before adding that the group creator (and most frequent poster to the group) was a pompous, self-congratulatory arsehole...
The teddy now appears to have been lfired out of the pram with an RPG, and my Stirling contacts have now vanished into hyperspace...
I don't know why he got upset...I told him loads of times that he was a pompous, self-congratulatory arsehole...It didn't seem to bother him...I thought he rejoiced in it...well, I don't know...really!
I was at a friend's surprise 40th Birthday party yesterday afternoon, making my trademark bread and butter pudding to take along to ra shared buffet...
Colin Crabbie (the current holder of "Edinburgh's Most Irritating Man At Parties 1996-2006") forced me to do a short bit of stand-up in front of a bemused gathering...
I can't stand getting in these type of situations....never again...!
I got talking to a country man who spoke at length on how much he enjoyed badger stew...
(I should point out that he only uses "road kill" badger, and there is no baiting involved of any description)
There was a lovely moment last night at my gig at The Stand when the compere, the Rev Obadiah was introducing the headline act, the fantastic Tony Carter.
He started by saying that there was a change to the advertised line-up and Tony wouldn't be able to appear, but that the replacement was the star of TV, the amazing Mr Jimmy Carr...!
Hilariously, a large portion of the audience totally believed this...and whooped excitedly...before the Rev admitted it was a joke and Tony Carter would, in fact, be appearing...
Tony's first word as he came on stage was "Cunt!"....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did and all taken with the jest and humour that the more intelligent amongst us could understand but when the group descends into personal abuse it is past its sell by date.

If you would like to read back through my comments you will not find any personal abuse or attacks by me on any individual, unless of course they are a politician or Gordon Brown.

My conscience is clear.