Monday, March 26, 2007

26/03/2007 A Pant In The Country



I've been trying to get fitter of late.
I'm due to be going away on an arduous weekend of climbing/walking at the beginning of May, so I need to be ready for it...
Unfortunately, I had flu 2 weeks ago and this has set back my progress.
I walked up a hill yesterday which would have been a piece of piss to do a month ago...but yesterday I was really struggling...it's like the bug has sapped my strength...goddamnit!
Traditionally these walks are like "Deliverance" theme weekends in which I play the "Ned Beatty" character, and all the others play the "Burt Reynolds" character..
I struggle behind, and by the time I catch up, they move off again, so that I feel constantly under pressure to keep up...
I mean, don't get me wrong...they are very supportive and all that, but still, deep down I think they really enjoy my physical distress, as it affirms their superior fitness levels when they see a mere mortal staggering about out of breath carrying a ridiculously large rucksack...
This may well happen again, but I'm determined to be in better shape than usual...
(thankfully I have so far managed to avoid being raped by gap-toothed hillbillies on any of these outings...!)
One thing I've noticed about the last few gigs is that I get bigger laughs the more deadpan I play it...
I can't keep it up though...I just find it irresistible to join in laughing...
To not laugh would be equivalent to being at an orgy but having to make do with having a wank in a corner, outside of the main action...
However, it could be convincingly argued that laughing at your own jokes is an inexcusable form of wanking in itself...
It's a catch-22 situation...
I must apologise to my younger readers for the graphic sexual content of this latest piece...

No comments: