Friday, December 21, 2007

21/12/2007 Finest Hour









In terms of the reaction of friends and colleagues to THAT review, I can say, without fear of contradiction, that providing the story for the article has represented my greatest triumph in the world of comedy.
Wherever I've been in past couple of days, I have been greeted with wall-to-wall laughter.
I'm very proud!
I'm a bit concerned now about my comment on the article as one of my aquaintances has described my contribution as "sanctimonious".
Anyway, it's time to move on...
It's only 4 days till Xmas...and the original cast of "to The Manor Born" are re-uniting for a special one-off Christmas special.
I can barely contain my excitement.
I can remember with great clarity the devastation I felt when the series ended all these years ago.
I tumbled into a deep depression and it was many months before I was able to pull myself together and get my life back on track.
But only "4 sleeps" to go, and it's back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a remarkable review!

I'm also very excited about the prospect of To the Manor Reborn and will try very hard not to spend the entire episode thinking how much older we all are than last time it was on.

Have a good Christmas.

jimbo said...

and a Happy Christmas to you too Amanda..!!!