Saturday, January 05, 2008

04/01/08 I Am Cool




















Well for the second time in the last 3 games I emerged as the overall winner at the "Texas Hold 'Em".
I am clearly an extremely talented player, and found it somewhat galling to be continually labelled a "lucky bastard".
It's all skill and judgement as far as I am concerned.
"Lucky bastard"....!
Ridiculous...
I was also delighted to have to smoked a single cigarette, as well as eaten a big bowl of chilli, even though I had already had my tea.
It was a win/win/win situation.
I had a quiet chuckle at a few things during the match.
There were very vocal directions at the start of the match to keep play moving quickly.
However, any delays in the play always seemed stem from the same players who had earlier proposed the "quick play" regime.
There was a couple of times when a player thought he had won a big pot, but on closer inspection of all the cards, it turned out he's lost.
The turnaround of emotion from triumph to despair in a few seconds was quite a spectacle.
Some people might even go on to say it was hilarious.
I'm not saying that...I'm just saying it was interesting.
I'm not one of these people who laughs at other people's misfortunes.
Having Hogmanay on a Monday is a bit weird...it seems to drag the "Festive Season" on interminably.
In my head, 2008 hasn't really started yet.
It offically starts on Monday when everybody goes back to work.
I would normally be going back to work, but I'm not as my contract finished just before Xmas.
I've got some writing ideas and am going to slavishly write 1000 words every day.

No comments: