Tuesday, May 08, 2007

08/07/2007 On Tour



I had a great gig at the "Frog and Bucket" comedy club in Manchester last night.
It kind of restored my faith in my ability to make people laugh, and I muchly enjoyed the evening.
Everything went well, and I got some great feedback after the show.
I still believe in the great Comedy God and apologise for losing faith in him or her.
However, tonight I'm running another gig in Black Bo's, so expect a mournful downtrodden blog entry tomorrow...ha ha...!
It felt odd being in a bar with people smoking.
It all seemed very decadent ...kind of Kit Kat club in Berlin in the 30s.. (I was there)...
A friend of mine in Brazil who stupidly thought I was a Hearts supporter sent me this traumatic (if you really are a Hearts supporter) link...
Don't click here if you are a Hearts fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you saw the recent Louis Theroux documentary on the mentalist religious nuts who demonstrate at soldiers' funerals, and think that God is punishing America via Irag for their tolerance of homosexual lifestyles...then you'll find their take on the Virginia Tech tragedy even weirder.
I'm just amazed no-one has shot them!
I loved this analysis by Jorge Valdana of the recent Liverpool v Chelsea European tie...
He refers to the match as "a shit on a stick"...
I love that.
Messrs Hansen, Lawrenson, Redknapp, Peacock, Sharp etc etc could spend the rest of their lives talking continuously about football and never come up with anything approaching this fantastic little bit of football philosophy...
btw I hope they find the little girl in Portugal soon...I can't even to bear to watch the news any more...it's just too painful to see people being tortured like that...horribly depressing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloke in black shirt with clipboard was Jim Park - very funny guy!

jimbo said...

hey..! thanks very much...!!! :-)