Monday, June 26, 2006

25/06/06 Paul Dance is 40!



It's the morning after the night before and Paul announces he is suffering from a sore head...!

There was a big party to mark this prestigious event in the village hall of Temple, out in darkest Midlothian.
It was the culmination of a busy weekend, as the night before I entertained the Pereira Hind family who were up from London.
I made some curry and stuff and Bob remarked it was "The best curry that he'd ever tasted in his life!".
He was a bit pissed, but that's beside the point...
At Paul's bash, good food, great live music and a tsunami of cheery banter were the order of the day.
I had the great honour of being asked to MC and introduce the acts onstage.
I also used the opportunity to make a series of weak jokes...!
Doc Morrisey smilingly said "I say you've been losing lots of money betting...!"
This again illustrated his unrivalled capacity to delight in others' misfortune.
He'd obviously scanned the blog only looking for losing bets, but had failed to grasp that my overall World Cup position is over £700 in profit..! Hah!
I've got this image of someone wandering into his surgery with his leg hanging off, and Doc laughs, claps his hands and goes "Woo Hoo! That's a cracker! How'd you do THAT?? Ha Ha..!!"
Then Humph said to Mark "You haven't changed in the 20 years I've known you!"
Mitch thought Humph was talking to ME and guffawed at Humph "Are you on crack cocaine????"
I'm not sure what point he was making.
It was all going off!
I then introduced the well fired funk of "The Cakes".
They were playing together for the first time in 12 years.
I "hilariously" remarked that a lot of cakes had obviously been consumed in the intervening period.
They sounded great and I suspect that a few more comeback gigs will be in the offing.
I haven't changed at all in 20 years and obviously bathe daily in a magical fountain of youth.
I've no idea what he was getting at.
The boy's a fool...
So England won, (yes that's a £30 loss David!), but again failed to impress.
By my reckoning, England have been involved in 4 out of 5 the worst, dreariest games
of this World Cup, (the only non-England game being France v Switzerland).
They now have a great chance of getting past Portugal Reserves next Saturday, and into the semi-final where they may meet Brazil.
However, I have a feeling Brazil may slip up somewhere along the line, allowing England an achievable passage into the final itself.
It's a funny old game indeed!
Germany v England final?

No comments: