Saturday, February 23, 2008

22/02/08 I'm in Canada



Hey, am I cool, or am I cool???




Snowboarding is a funny way to spend a holiday.
It's all very exhiliarating and fun, but after a couple of days I find myself perpetually a bit shagged out (with a mild hangover).
I got a board on Ebay before I came out and what a board it is...
It makes my old board look like an antique ironing board.
All of a sudden I can go twice as fast as I used to.
The only downside is that when I fall off it hurts twice as much as it used to.
The slopes are good but we need more snow...please!
The weather is a bit freaky in Banff this week.
Last week it was -30, but this week it is averaging +5. Weird.
With all my thermals on I nearly passed out with heat exhaustion on the first day.
Still...better than working I suppose...

On the Stand-up scene, I found out I'd been reviewed twice here
Interestingly, they were two very good gigs for me...however, he obviously doesn't like me and I get a bit of a kicking.
(although in fairness, he does observe that I was well received by the audience on both occasions)
I do agree with him to a certain extent on sticking a bit too rigidly to my script, and I'd like to get a bit more conversational with the audience, especially at clubs like LemonCustard, (which was a brilliant little comedy evening which I thoroughly enjoyed,quirkily hosted by Dee Custance and Sian Bevan).
I like getting a bit of objective criticism though, and just because you have a really good night in terms of audience reaction doesn't mean that you can't get a slagging.
I know I myself regularly see some comics ripping it up, but don't really rate them as great acts.
But now I must go out to get drunk because that is what decrepit snowboarders do of an evening to ease their painful joints.

No comments: