Thursday, December 14, 2006

14/12/2006 Why is Holyrood?

Because it looks up Arthur's Seat of course.... ho ho ho...!








nice microphone technique....

Well, you'll be thrilled to hear that the Comedy Club thing at the Holyrood Tavern is back on again and will kick off on Wed 31st January.
Headlining will be the fantastic Paul Sinha, with "rising star" Jim Park supporting (cough cough)...
It will be titled "The Electric Mouse Comedy Club", (coming under the auspices of Electric Mouse Comedy based in London).
Tonight I'm appearing at Rick Molland's club Heresy at the Jeckyll & Hyde bar in Hanover Street.
I confidently expect to die on my arse severely as a means of punishing me for my last self-congratulatory blog on a recent gig at The Stand.
It's inevitable, and I will accept my fate with as much dignity as I can muster.
I'm also on at The Stand this Sunday (17/12), so why not come along and get pissed with me...
As I am currently not working, I am sadly missing the enormous fun and frolics of the Office Xmas Night Out, so I have decided that this night should be my unofficial Christmas night out...hurray!
I took part in the Filmhouse Monthly Quiz for the first time on Sunday...
Hellishly difficult questions...we came 16th out of 19 teams...
The team who won had an unbelievably high score. They must spend each month learning the details of every film in the Halliwell Film Guide...
It ain't natural....!
There did seem to be a little joke going on amongst the organisers in terms of question selection.
Some of the quotes were a little racy...and it was funny to witness the quiz lady read them out straight faced and with impeccable pronounciation...
eg " All I want to do is suck cock and eat pussy. There ain't no more" (I can't remember the answer)
It was rather amusing to see people in the bar, who weren't doing the quiz, bridle slightly at the odd, unexpected outpouring of filth.
A few weeks ago I went out with a few friends to this Chinese restaurant in Edinburgh, now I don't feel very well.....

No comments: