Thursday, August 04, 2005

03/08/05 Technical Rehearsal

Myself, Tony and our sound engineer/sambista Matthew met at Roman Eagle Lodge for the "Park's Circus" technical rehearsal. This mainly consisted of Tony and I talking bollocks into a microphone for an hour, as well as adjusting the brightness of the lights and playing some funny cds.
I'd say the event was a success. Quite what the other company in the dressing room, who were forced to listen to all this, thought of our comedy potential is entirely another matter.
Tony has engineered some very funny interactive sound effect cds which had me cackling with laughter.
It's a nice intimate space with a fairly large stage to run about on.
I'm happy with it. I think we'll get a good comedy atmosphere thing going down in it.
Matthew did cause me a brief moment of alarm when he made a reference to the "first night" being on Sunday, when it is in fact 2 days earlier than that, on Friday.
Luckily, he can still do Friday and Saturday.
I had a bit of a panic attack at work during the day as the realisation of the proximity of the first show suddenly dawned. I'd been surprisingly calm about the whole thing up till then, but now it's feeling a little more nervy jangly.
We've cunningly avoided the danger of being stale and over-rehearsed by having no rehearsals whatsoever, thus ensuring a live and dangerous feel to the proceedings.
It's been a bit tricky, what with me in Edinburgh, Tony in Glasgow and Patrick in London.
Hoever, the main body of the show is our individual stand-up routines, which we should all be reasonably familar with. The links and intros might be a bit creaky for the first couple of shows. But they're "previews"...so that's allowed isn't it?

No comments: