Friday, June 10, 2005

08/06/05 Jacko!

I had a feeling that today was going to be verdict day in the Michael Jackson trial. That's 3 days deliberating by the jury. That's a respectable amount of time to consider things I'd say. I reckon the Judge privately briefed the Jury before they were sent out to deliberate.
He'd have told them to take at least 3 days. This would be essential to lend a little credibility to the American Justice system. Even if they are sitting around doing crosswords and "I Spy" games for 72 hours...just put on a show.
The Legal Industry still cringe over the OJ Simpson jury. In that case, 10 months of evidence was fully deliberated on and a verdict agreed in a stunning 42 minutes!
The media people would love that again though. They've just got to hang around a, by all accounts, desperately dull corner of America, waiting for the verdict.
I can't see a guilty verdict on the main charges. I reckon he is guilty, but the evidence presented doesn't have "beyond reasonable doubt" written all over it to my layman's eye.
Plus, all the characters in this story seem essentially flawed.
There's much previous form of lying on oath and a damaging suspicion that ultimately it's all about money.
So anyway, I was wrong....no verdict today after all.
I predict Jackson is found guilty of the lesser offence of supplying alcohol to minors and is given a 12 month suspended jail sentence.
I am Mystic Meg. That's me, that is.

No comments: